Catalog number: HBMP-105
Product Name: Human Placenta Microvascular Pericytes (HPIMVPCs)
Storage Liquid Nitrogen
Product Format Frozen vial
Cells Number >90% confluent in Frozen Vial
*Caution: The handling of human derived products has the potential to be biologically hazardous. All Cell strains tested negative for HIV, HBV,
and HCV DNA in diagnostic tests. Proper precautions must be taken to avoid exposure. Always wear proper protective equipment (Gloves,
safety glasses, etc.) when handling these materials. We recommend following the universal procedures for handling products of human origin
as the minimum precaution against contamination.
Human Placenta Microvascular Pericytes were isolated from normal human placental tissues. Puromycin
resistant, HPIMVPCs is shipped in proliferating culture or frozen vial with a confluence of > 90% (cells are
provide @ passage 3). Pericyte-Growth medium (AGPM-01) containing 5% serum and growth
supplement is recommended for culture. Cells have an average population doubling level >12 when
cultured. When you receive the cells, leave the flask in 37°C C02 incubator for 1 hour. Then, replace the
transport medium with fresh Pericyte-Growth medium (AGPM-01). Let the cells grow for 24 hours
Cytoplasmic Alpha-Actinin Filaments >80% positive by immunofluorescence
Cytoplasmic Desmin Intermediate Filaments >80% positive by immunofluorescence
Cytoplasmic Uptake of Di-I-Ac-LDL <2% Positive by immunofluorescence
Cytoplasmic VWF/ Factor VIII <2% positive by immunofluorescence
Human Placenta Microvascular Pericytes are
HIV-1, HBV, HCV, and mycoplasma
PRODUCT USE AND SHIPPING STATUS
Product Use Human placenta microvascular pericytes cells are
for research use only
Shipping Status Frozen vial
1) Coating T25 flasks. Add 2 ml AlphaBioCoat (AC001) into a T25 flask and ensure entire interior
surface is coated with the solution. After 30 minutes, dispose of AlphaBioCoat (AC001) by
aspiration. Gently rinse and aspirate flask with Phosphate Buffer Solution (1XPBS-001). The flask
is now ready for use (no need for overnight incubation when coated with AC001)
2) If you are using the coated flask the same day, add about 4 ml of Pericyte-Growth media
(AGPM-01) to the coated flask. If the media changes color from pink to yellow, aspirate and
discard the media. Add 4ml of fresh media to the coated flask.
3) Thaw the cells in a 37°C water bath. Once you see a small amount of ice left in the vial, spray the
vial with 70% Ethanol and wipe it down.
4) Transfer the vial into your Biosafety cabinet.
5) Using a 2 or 5ml pipet, pipet the cells out of the vial.
6) Transfer your cell suspension in to your coated plate that have the 4 ml media in it.
7) You should have a total working volume of 5ml of cell suspension in the flask; close the cap.
Make sure cells are evenly distributed in the flask by moving the flask left and right five times.
Move it up and down for and additional five times.
8) Place flask in a 37°C incubator with 5% C02. If flask is not vented, please loosen cap.
9) Change media after 48 hours.