Catalog Number ALHE07
Product Name Human Coronary Artery Endothelial Cells
Storage 37°C C02 incubator
Product Format Proliferating culture
Cells Number >90% confluent in T25 flask
*Caution: The handling of human derived products has the potential to be biologically hazardous. All Cell strains tested negative for HIV, HBV,
and HCV DNA in diagnostic tests. Proper precautions must be taken to avoid exposure. Always wear proper protective equipment (Gloves,
safety glasses, etc.) when handling these materials. We recommend following the universal procedures for handling products of human origin
as the minimum precaution against contamination.
Human Coronary Artery Endothelial Cells were isolated from normal human coronary arteries. Passage 3
cells are shipped in proliferating culture with a confluence of > 90%. ENDO-Growth medium (EGM-2102)
containing 5% serum and growth supplement is recommended for culture. Cells have an average
population doubling level >16 when cultured. When you receive the cells, leave the flask in 37°C C02
incubator for 1 hour. Then, replace the transport medium with fresh ENDO-Growth medium. Let the
cells grow for 24 hours before subculture.
Cytoplasmic VWF/ factor VIII >95% positive by immunofluorescence
Cytoplasmic uptake of Di-I-Ac-LDL >95% positive by immunofluorescence
Cytoplasmic PECAM1 >95% positive by immunofluorescence
Human Coronary Artery Endothelial Cells are
HIV-1, HBV, HCV, and mycoplasma
PRODUCT USE AND SHIPPING STATUS
Product Use Human Coronary Artery Endothelial Cells are for
research use only
Shipping Status Proliferating culture in T25 flask
*Coating T25 flasks. Add 2 ml AlphaBioCoat (AC001) into 3 T-25 flasks and ensure entire interior
surface is coated with solution. After 30 minutes, dispose of Smooth Coat Solution by aspiration.
Gently rinse and aspirate flask with Phosphate Buffer Solution (1XPBS-001). The flask is now
ready for use (no need for overnight incubation when coated with AC001). Add fresh media to
flask, if color changes from pink to yellow, discard the media, and add fresh media to each flask.
1. Inspect to make sure Flask is at 90% confluence, if not remove transport media, and add 5ml of
fresh media to the flask. Place flask in 37°C incubator until cells are at 90% confluence. Change
media every 2 days.
2. If flask is at 90% confluence, aspirate transport media from flask.
3. Rinse T25 flask containing cells with 5 ml 1XPBS.
4. Gently aspirate out the PBS after rinsing, and discard.
5. Add 2ml of RT trypsin/ EDTA to T25 flask containing cells (ensure entire interior surface is cover.
6. Place T25 flask containing cells into 37°C incubator for 1 or 2 minutes (cells will normally come
off of the surface within 1 or 2 minutes).
7. Suspend the cells with 15ml of ENDO-Growth medium (EGM-2102) and transfer equally into 3
pre-coated T-25 flasks (the cells are now at a subculture ratio of 1:3.
8. There is no need to spin cells during subculture.
9. Proliferating cells culture: ENDO-Growth medium (EGM-2102) should be changed every 2 days.
The cells normally become confluent within 7 days (when split at a 1:3 ratio).
10. Use ENDO- Basal media (EBM-002) containing 0.5% FBS to induce quiescent cells (after 18-24