All lots of Fetal Bovine Serum – Premium Select are sterility, virus, and performance tested, and include a biochemical profile. In addition, a hormone analysis is performed. Lots are manufactured from USA origin or USDA-approved origin material following stringent manufacturing and quality control procedures. All lots of FBS – Premium Select are manufactured in our ISO 9001:2015 certified facility.
- Sera is aseptically collected and processed in a cGMP facility
- Each batch of raw serum is screened for endotoxin, residual hemoglobin concentration, and microbiological quality before being used in production
- Batches of raw serum are pooled and continuously mixed prior to filtration to ensure consistent quality throughout the entire lot
- Final lots are tested for endotoxin, hemoglobin, pH, mycoplasma, and growth promotion. Biochemical assays and virus testing are also available upon request
- Premium FBS is sourced from U.S. herds
- Heat-inactivated Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS) is heated at 56°C for 30 minutes